Monday, March 12, 2007

Escaped to the Peninsula...

Did I mention that I´d be going to Cordoba?...well anyways, I was invited to go there by a collegue of mine and her lovely family. It was really nice! a beautiful place to visit. The main attraction of course is the "Mezquita", now a cathedral, a mixture of all periods(roman, celtic, byzantine, islamic, etc etc) makes this place so fascinating. there are so many columns inside, supporting the massive structure that it is often called " el bosque de las columnas" (the forest of columns). I would definatley go there again to visitr.
Then, outside is very much Andalucian style, houses etc.... I took so many photos.
we shopped and I bought some typical jewellery there called firilijo or something like that, it was quite funny because we asked the man woman selling if it was pure silver....and she said no...it´s a mixture of silver and something, bad silver....ENGLISH silver....lol.... I laughed because of course she would never imagine that I was born in England!
We then went to a nice restaurant and ate yummy italian food and shared some massive desserts...and then we went home to drop our stuff and later on we went out to join a festival type parade... something to do with easter... well, it was interesting, but its not my type of thing...but hey....nice experience...
the ferry ride back was terrible, I felt sick because of the fact that I had eaten, a bag full of sweets, time of the month, garlic breath, had a cold, and my stomach swollen up again...blurrrr...
the trip was fantastic though....loved it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home